1. Cut/file your nails to where you want them to be.
2. Pick a base coat. Any color will do, but it helps to match your base coat to your glitter color. If you like that. Paint one solid coat of your base color. Let dry.
3. Paint one quick coat of clear on one foot. Take the glitter and dump it over your toes, making sure they are well coated. [It helps to do this over a sheet of paper. Unless you want craft-herpes (my loving term for glitter) all over hell and back.] Then shake your foot or tap it gently or whatever you need to do to get the excess glitter off.
4. Using a clear top coat reserved for glitter toes, paint one coat over the top of the glitter.
5. Go back and repeat steps 3 and 4 on your other foot.
6. Lay another good coat of clear over the top of all toes.
Ta da! Cute glitter toes, that won't destroy your nails, at home.
Just a few side notes:
- it is hard to get this off. Make sure you come prepared with lots of cotton balls and acetone polish remover.
- you can find the glitter at Sally's for less than a dollar a bottle, or you can use any craft glitter you can find. The smaller the chunks, the easier to do.
- have a clear coat that you use only for going over the top of the glitter. Glitter WILL transfer back to the bottle.
But, in a moment of genius (those are fleeting around these parts) I decided to try something yesterday, and I LOVE IT! Get some cute rub-ons (they are a scrapbooking product, if you didn't know). Cut the design you want out. Over the top of the dry clear, run your design on. Then cover with another coat of clear. SO CUTE! Wanna see mine? (Sorry for the toe picture. Feet are ugly.)
They seem to be holding up well enough, and they add just enough cute. I love them.
And yes, for anyone also following my scrapbook blog, this is totally a double post. So sue me. Have a good Monday!